A tiny, tiny country nestled between France and Spain, amid the French Pyrenees mountains. A few interesting facts about Andorra:
- Its capital city, seen above, is the highest European capital at over 3,300 feet above sea level.
- The country’s military budget relies on donations.
- Only 5% of the land is arable.
- As of July 2015, it had a population of about 86,000 people. It’s only about 180 square miles in total area. And yet it’s cited as just the 17th smallest nation in the world. There are 16 countries smaller than that?! Even the smallest US state, Rhode Island, has about 8 times more land area. Click the photo to see the list of smallest nations.
- Its biggest export is tobacco. Who knew??